Maison Louis Jadot
Louis Henry Denis Jadot founded Maison Louis Jadot in 1859.
But even before then, the story of Maison Jadot had its roots in the vineyards with the Jadot family's purchase of the Clos des Ursules back in 1826.
The négociant house, expanded rapidly, with a focus on the markets of northern Europe, an area he knew well as his family came from Belgium.
Operations were then expanded by buying numerous vineyards, including Corton Charlemagne and Chevalier Montrachet Les Demoiselles.
The next generation, under the guidance of Louis Auguste Jadot, developed new export markets, particularly in the UK and in the US, with the help of Rudy Kopf, founder of the Kobrand Corporation.

In 1954, André Gagey joined the company as Louis Auguste Jadot's deputy. André Gagey succeeded him as Maison Jadot's director. In 1970, Gagey took on a young winemaker, Jacques Lardière, as his assistant. And, in 1984, André Gagey's son, Pierre-Henry, joined the company.
Pierre-Henry Gagey is president of Maison Louis Jadot since 1992.